Monday, July 19, 2010

January-October 2010
















I am such a slacker. Funny how I can find endless hours to be on FaceBook and read Us Weekly but I can not find any time to post pictures and update my blog about my family, which truly is the most important thing in my life!!! It has been such a crazy 6 mos I do not even know where to begin. I think the easiest is to make a list and hopefully you will not get bored and be able to follow.

January- Back to Chile from the states and trying to get back in the swing of things. Once again get my monthly visitor but excited because this means I can soon start my fertility drug Clomid.

February- PREGNANT!!!!!! After almost a year of trying and many tears of disappointment and fear we decided to take the next step in our conception and go on Clomid. For those who are unaware of this drug it helps with fertility and basically stimulates ovulation. Worked like a charm the first month we were on it! We are over the moon to be adding to our amazing family. =)

March- Lots of sleep, sickness, and normalcy. The calm before the storm. SERIOUSLY. Must read on...

April- We received a phone call from Steve's father that we have the opportunity to move back to the states. With many conditions involved!!!! The two biggest being that a) We would be leaving in 14 days. b) Steve still would be traveling back and forth between South America and the states quite often.
This was a bit overwhelming to know I had 14 days to get my family out of an apartment and re adjust our lives. Surprisingly, I was uber organized and had a ton of time on my hands to get it all done. We got back to MT on April 16th and did not look back. I had a wonderful experience while in Chile, but there really is no place like home. Tyler loves being back with all his cousins and just the opportunity for different activities has made a world of difference!!!

May- One of the hardest and most exciting months of my life. I have never felt so many emotions in such a short period of time. 1) Bought a new house!!! So exciting and ready to move our growing family to a much newer and efficient house. 2) Turned 31 and nothing crazy to report. Being pregnant really puts a cramp on my "B day Style". 3) A day after my birthday I received a phone call from my Ob-Gyn that my ultra screen test came back with VERY alarming results. For those that are not familiar with this test it basically is a blood test combined with an ultrasound that determines whether or not you carry the risk or genetic make up of carrying a baby with Trisomy 21 (Down' Syndrome) or Trisomy 13/18. Mine came back with Trisomy 13/18 and it was recommended to have a Amnio to make certain the genetic make up of this baby. Steve was out of the country and I had to wait an additional two weeks before getting the amnio because Dr.'s will not perform these without the gestation age being at least 16 weeks. I had to speak with genetic counselors, see a high risk doctor, and question everything that I have believed in as far as morals without my husband being by my side to comfort me. It was grueling, but truly, made me realize the support system I have here is incredibly amazing!!! A very long story short and a very heart wrenching 20 days later and with Steve back home we got the results back from our genetic counselor. Our baby was 100% healthy!! (I have the genetic makeup line up in the baby book to prove it!) And...... it is a Girl!!! Never again will I have this test done. Dr. said I was one of those false positive flukes that sadly happens to quite a few people. Ugh, talk about tugging on those ol' heart strings. Happy to say we can move on and focus on more positive things. Thanks be to God for getting me through this!!!

June- Why can I not remember what I did in June? Probably because I take so long to post on this blog. Lame!!!

July- Celebrated Tyler and Jayda's 3rd birthday in a Dinosaur themed party at my in laws. Also turning 1 was little Mia and we welcomed a new addition into the Hatzell clan. Rhett Lee Hatzell was born July 16 to Jae and Eric. What a butter ball. He is so cute and looks nothing like his brother Max!
Went on a vacation with my sister Libby and her four kids to Denver. We drove which was not as bad as I thought it would be. Tyler loved traveling with his cousins and the fact that Daddy met us towards the end of the trip was the icing on the cake. He loved the zoo, water park, and the aquarium!!! He could have done without Elitch's Amusement Park considering it was 100 degrees outside and his pregnant mother was not allowed to go on any of the rides. Our stint there lasted all of 45 minutes!!! It was a wonderful week and one I will cherish for a long time.

August- HAWAII!!!! Need I say more? It was an amazing trip. I was a virgin so of course I thought everything about it was amazing. Tropical vacations are my weakness and this did not disappoint. Tyler loved it! The beach and pineapple were his favorite daily activities. We did something so fun every single day and it went by way too fast. I think the Luau was my favorite! Maybe because of all the amazing pictures we got while there. Luckily, my in laws bought property there so we will be returning for Christmas and many more trips in the near future. My life does not suck!!!=) After Hawaii we ended the trip in Salt Lake City for a tennis tournament that my MIL and SIL's were playing in. It was super fun and their team took 2nd in regionals!!!

September- My best friend Dusty came to visit from Las Vegas and also held a beautiful baby shower for me. I was surrounded by friends and family and could not have asked for a more perfect day! Baby Girl and I were spoiled rotten and got so many incredible gifts. Now all we need is for her to arrive so I can use all this awesome stuff!

October- The calm before the storm...1 week from tomorrow we will welcome Phoebe Anne. I am going through quite a few emotions involving this transition. I question how I can love something as much as I love Tyler. Everyone keeps telling me...you just do. I hope that is the case. I can not imagine it is possible, but know that obviously it is. We are so anxious to meet this little angel and Tyler is over the moon to be a big brother. I am in full nesting mode but also trying to get a lot of rest. This will be my second C Section and I am hoping recovery is fast and I can start to feel like myself soon after.

I will try my best to blog soon after the little princess is born. I am a bit embarrassed that it has been 9 mos plus since my last blog. No promises, but I will try!

No comments:

Post a Comment