Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sept, October, and November...




Not sure how three months passed without me writing one thing, but such is the life of a wife and Mom! September came and went with really nothing too eventful to write about. I will post some pictures of Tyler at his school where they celebrated 18 de Septiembre. A very special holiday here in Chile. Basically the same as our Independence day, but I must say Latin Americans celebrate like no one else. I mean two weeks worth of parties, barbeques, you name it. Makes me proud to live here and for us to be part of this very special day.
October was very busy. Steve went to the U.S. to hunt his Kodiak brown bear. I am proud to say that after this being his 3rd attempt I am now the owner of a bearskin rug!!! Steve was ecstatic and escaped the bear attacking him by a hair. I would post pictures, but he took a disposable camera and had them developed and the pictures where "stolen" during his customs check leaving the states. Very sad for him because he had some wonderful experiences captured on film and now nothing to show for it. My sister Libby visited us for two weeks and we had such a great time. She came without her 4 children so she enjoyed sleeping in, relaxing ,and getting spoiled. A much needed break for a very hardworking woman! Although her time went by fast we cherished it and loved having a visitor, which rarely happens. Tyler loved telling her "NO" and shaking his finger at her. Good thing she loves him to pieces and lets him do whatever he wants!
November was a much more relaxed month. After suffering almost a month without Steve due to travel and business, we have just been focusing on being a family and getting used to this spring weather. We did not go home this year for Thanksgiving, which fell on Steve's birthday, but we did take an early holiday to Santiago two weekends ago and spoiled ourselves to good food and shopping with a beautiful sweet at the Grand Hyatt! Tyler, of course, came too and we were able to see some old friends of ours that live there and enjoy a nice dinner with them. I also started a English Bible study with a group of woman from our church that has turned out to be one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.
We are counting down the days until we leave for Christmas. December 16th could not come soon enough. Looking forward to the smells of winter, family, and all that unconditional love we receive from everyone back home. My Dad and Sharon just bought a new home, so we look forward to housewarming and seeing their new adventure take place.
I am so grateful for first and foremost Jesus, but also for my amazing husband Steve who continues to wow me daily with his patience and understanding of me and my beautiful son. I am thankful for the most adorable human being and the one person that no matter how crappy things are going can put a smile as wide as the ocean across my face, Tyler. I often ask, why me? Why did I get so lucky to live this life and have the things I have? A very influential person answered that for me the other day. She said, Why Not? Thanks Cecy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Katie--just found your blog! Nice job! Looking forward to seeing ya in December :) Nancy

    ReplyDelete